Brandon

Brandon
Brandon 2007

Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday, December 30th

Brandon was given a dosage of steroids Thursday night and doing much better. He was able to wake up Friday morning and get scheduled for surgery. All of us who know and love Brandon understand how finicky he can be about his hair so the lingering question before surgery was what was going to happen to it.  He expressed to Dr. R his desire to keep the top of his hair long.  Dr. R asked “have you seen Dumb and Dumber?”  Unfortunately, Dr. R was unable to convey his wishes to the pre-op team before surgery so it all came off.  We were not able to see Brandon with the Jim Carrey look.  Surgery went well.  Thanks again to Dr. R for his skills and knowledge.  He then got settled into his room on the ICU floor for recovery.  A CT scan was done shortly after his surgery so that they could have a reference of what his brain looked like following the operation.  As the evening progressed he was able to open his eyes and acknowledge that we were there.  He was able to follow simple commands by squeezing our hand or nodding his head.  He was doing remarkably well for having such an eventful day.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to share a very personal moment for me today outside of my blog entry. I looked into his eyes and asked him if he knew who I was. He began to breath very deeply and seemed to get upset. I knew that he wanted to speak to me and tell me that he knew it was me. I told him that it was okay and not to get upset. I looked into his wonderful brown eyes and could see that he knew me and felt that he loved me. I have had very pleasant dreams of that moment for several nights since that day.

    ReplyDelete