Brandon

Brandon
Brandon 2007

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Saturday, December 31st

Saturday morning Brandon was alert and speaking.  When I came in to see him I asked if he wanted me to turn on the TV.  It is small and in the corner so he said he couldn’t really see it.  I offered him his glasses but he said they were crappy (the prescription is very out of date).  I asked if he wanted for mom to bring him his contacts and he said yes.  I was very impressed by his progress on Saturday morning.  He did ask me, “Did you put Chandler in the cage?” but he corrected himself and said that he meant his dog, Brick.  I also had not mentioned Chandler’s name so I was pleased that he made the association with me. He told the nurse he was a bit uncomfortable so they gave him some Morphine.  He talked to me shortly after that and said, “This is freaking me out, the animals are just flying at me.”  Brandon ate an Italian Ice for breakfast and really seemed to enjoy it.  Two physical therapists showed up and got him out of bed.  He was able to walk around for a bit. With it being New Year’s Eve Brandon had lots of company.  We took turns going in 2 (or 3 we broke the rules) at a time.  Tim, Michael, and Billy played games in the waiting room and Cassie did some reflexology to help Brandon heal.  He had another Italian Ice for dinner and was able to go on another walk with the physical therapists.  Brandon has been trying to sell his car and when my mom asked for some password information to his online advertising account he responded “Mother, that was rude.”  Mom had to giggle because the comment was made in a typical Brandon tone but made no sense. : ) He also had a full conversarion with Billy about going to Dell Taco for some dinner. At the end of the day Brandon’s eyes began to roll back in his head and he began to do some drooling.  He also became less responsive…but it had been a long day.
Each of us took a moment as the clock struck 12:00 a.m. on New Year’s to think of Brandon and truly yearn for him to be with us. 
We Love you Brandon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment